Teachers are Superheroes: Week 7 in Mrs. A Rod's Class

Hello friends!

Another week has come and gone. How has this school year been for you so far? Are you loving your class or has it still been a challenge even this far in? I've heard that lots of my insta friends are on the struggle bus, myself included.

My admin had noticed that most of the teachers were struggling with our change still (me...) and they decided to call us superheroes all week and give us little treats that went along with the theme. I appreciated the thought behind it all. We are superheroes for what we do each day. I say this about ALL teachers. It's amazing how we end up shaping these lives at the end of the year. No pressure. 

I feel like my class is great. My kids are awesome. We deal with little things here and there, but just getting back into the swing of things has been hard this year so far.

I had been with the same team for about 3 years, but at the end of last year, one of my teammates retired. We had things down. We had things ready to go. We had routines and forms that we used.
This year, we have a new teammate (that we LOVE!) but we changed up what we taught and how. It has been a huge mind shift, but I am in LOVE with our new Rooted in Reading program that we're using. We really do not have a curriculum that we follow, so this has been awesome.

This week, we read Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey. Again, we do not have the book so we found a read aloud on YouTube. The kids LOVED it. We started discussing character traits. We called up a student to share his traits on the outside and on the inside. I wrote them down on the white board (believe me, I'm not a fancy Nancy) and they did an awesome job. (PS check out those designer Lowe's boxes that I use as shelves now!)

The kids are doing such a great job and we just keep on going and going! Hoping you have a great week ahead! How are you and your students doing?? Let me know!


Comments